All Microsoft software and Operating Systems have a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins at product release and ends when Microsoft no longer supports the product.
It is important that businesses and even home users follow the Microsoft lifecycle process. Failure to do so may result in instability, data and credential breach, and the inability to use software and hardware devices that are not compatible with older Microsoft products.
In 2019 and 2020, Microsoft has several products which will reach their end of life.
- July 9, 2019...............Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- January 14, 2020......Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- January 14, 2020......Windows Server 2008 R2
- October 13,2020.......Microsoft Office 2010
- January 14, 2020......Microsoft Exchange 2010
To learn about other Microsoft products reaching end of support for 2019 and 2020, visit Prepare now for end of support in 2019 and 2020.