We’re sure you have heard the phrase “NOC” thrown around before in conversations with a Managed IT Service Provider (MSP). The term is frequently knocked around. The NOC, pronounced “knock,” stands for Network Operations Center, and simply refers to the location where a team of technicians constantly monitors and evaluates the performance, health, and capacity of everything on your network.
At Hilltop, our NOC is a 24x7x365 operation. Our monitoring tools are in the cloud so irrespective of the weather or location, our clients rest assured that someone is watching your systems – around the clock.
Here is what a typical day at the Hilltop NOC looks like:
- Checking the Microsoft Security Bulletin for the day for any critical updates that your system needs to stay protected.
- Approving and applying Windows software updates to workstations and servers.
- Evaluating reports, such as when your server/workstations were last rebooted to keep performance optimal.
- Checking if your Anti-Virus program is up-to-date and functioning correctly.
- Ensuring backups completed successfully, any data growth is evaluated, and that you have enough space for your backups and critical data.
- Responding to incidents, alarms, and service outages from Internet Service Providers or our client’s third party software applications, and notifying our client Points of Contact (POC) of any potential loss of service.
- And, as always, working relentlessly to be responsive and find fast solutions and resolutions to the everyday issues (and sometimes headaches) of our clients’ business technology.
With Hilltop’s remote network monitoring tools, we proactively respond to and address issues for you so you can stay productive.