Protect your business. Regain employee productivity.
Every day, your employees are exposed to over 40,000 new threats on the Web. Hackers and cybercriminals are committed to staying a step (or few) ahead of the most experienced cyber security experts, using advanced tactics to elude conventional Internet security controls and monitoring systems. These threats expose your data to risk and create serious issues on your network that could potentially bring your business operations to a complete standstill.
Protecting your business from your employees.
Malicious exploits are not the only threats from the Internet to worry about. Permitting your staff full and unmonitored access to the Internet exposes your organization to a wide range of issues and potential disasters.
Lost employee productivity due to excessive use of non-work related websites and online services — such as social networking sites; online auctions, gaming, and gambling; personal web-based email; celebrity news and gossip sites; torrents and file download sites; and sites with inappropriate, objectionable, and/or obscene content such as adult content and pornography — cost companies tens of thousands to millions of dollars each year.
Some recent stats that relate to the impact of employee Internet use include:
- 30 to 40% of Internet use in the workplace is not related to business
- Over 60% of all online purchases are made between 9AM and 5PM
- 70% of all Internet pornography traffic occurs during the 9AM and 5PM workday
- 37% of workers say they surf the Web constantly while at work
Your business is liable for the data that flows through its network and servers. In an ideal world, you should be able to trust that all of your employees will use the Internet primarily for job-related tasks and appropriate content. However, the reality is very different, and it only takes one rogue user’s actions to create serious legal problems for your organization if his or her actions are not monitored, detected and thwarted.
Having no restrictions on employee Internet surfing means that these risks are significant and real.
Hilltop’s internet security & web filtering.
Hilltop can help you deploy a robust and multi-layered Internet security and web content filtering solution that provides you with military-grade protection against malware and malicious web content, inappropriate or illegal content and anonymous proxy usage. Our solutions also provide data and threat protection across all of your network endpoints, including mobile and smart devices.
Some of our Internet security and web filtering solutions include:
- Potent protection from advanced persistent threats, including botnets, malware, viruses, drive-by script attacks, zero-day attacks, and much more.
- Protection against malicious downloads with advanced file-type controls and filtering mechanisms.
- Control of which software and web applications your users can run with granular web access and application control.
- Monitoring of user surfing behavior with interactive web reporting tools.
- Avoidance of risky and inappropriate sites with productivity filtering tools.
- Prevention of users bypassing your web filters using proxies.
- Protection for all mobile endpoints, including Windows, Apple iOS, Mac OS, Android, and Google Chromebook, with live URL filtering from the Cloud.
Regaining user productivity.
Our Internet security and web content filtering solutions also provide you with powerful tools that are designed to help you tackle the issues of acceptable web usage and productivity loss. In fact, most organizations are not even aware to the extent they are experiencing employee productivity and financial losses caused by excessive Internet use or abuse.
With real-time activity monitoring, social media controls, and bandwidth optimization, you can see and control everything your users do on the web — even when using their own devices (BYOD) or using company issued devices on the road.